There are other options in terms of the materials which can be used as earthing wire, but there are significant advantages to using Cx3 coated earthing strands.
- ECCC-I is non-corrodible. Other metals such as aluminium react with soil components, causing serious maintenance problems. This is why some electrical regulations prohibit the use of bare aluminium for earthing cables.
- The ECCC-I is easily welded, using the same equipment as conventional copper conductors. ECCC-I accessories are conventional. In the case of replacing an existing copper conductor, accessories can be re-used.
- Easy to handle. ECCC-I is smaller. For example, if we compare it with AAC-188 (All Aluminium Conductor) conductors such as the ECCC-I 95, the ECCC-I is much smaller, flexible, and therefore easier to handle.
- A highly conductive material. Copper is highly conductive. Earthing wires are used for protection from electrical power surges. Other metals conduct electricity, but not to the same degree as copper. When a power surge occurs, copper attracts and directs the flow away from you. Grounding wires made from other metals cannot redirect current far away or fast enough. In addition, La Farga's coating increases its current capacity and helps prevent losses.
- Easy to use. ECCC-I does not require any special equipment to be installed. Neither does it require maintenance since it does not deteriorate over time.
- Anti-theft: even though ECCC-I is made from copper, it looks like aluminium. Other products such as CCS (Copper Clad Steel) cables look like copper and do not prevent theft. In addition, CCS is not an eco-friendly material as it is difficult to recycle.
- Easy to recycle: our coating ensures that the copper can be recycled without it losing its value.